DARYL' S DEN

Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Nervous about my job

It's official, four of the six of us at the sewer plant have taken early retirement next year, and the fifth is considering it. That will leave me. I know retirement sounds great, but I just can't afford it right now. Plus what would I do with all that time? After all, I'm only 49.
But if it's just me, what will they do? I hope they hire all new people, and things go on, probably with a promotion for me.
But what if they use this as an excuse to privatize? Where will that leave me? Surely they won't just dump me after 28 years, especially since I will be the only one left who knows the plant.
The whole situation has been eating at me, I just have to hope for the best.
Enough of these downbeat posts, I'm going to get some nice stuff up later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home