DARYL' S DEN

Thursday, October 05, 2006

Back to SF fandom

Well, I guess I am going to Archon, one of the biggest science fiction conventions in the country, this weekend. I haven't been to a con in years, since well before Dan died. For years it was a major part of my life, I traveled all over the country, sometimes 7 or 8 a year or more. Not only am I going, I am supposed to be on staff this weekend. I hope I can fit back in, I have to try for Dan's sake.
I really feel guilty about missing the Black Fox performance at Mt. Pisguah this weekend, I mean it is really bothering me. But I never miss practices or performances, I have given up so many things over so many years for the group. I never said I was giving up my whole life for the drum. I have to learn to think of myself occasionally, I really need this weekend.
Besides, we need a native presence in fandom, there have been a few great native SF authors.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home