DARYL' S DEN

Wednesday, December 19, 2007

I got to ski!

I got to go skiing friday, and it was fantastic. I took the day off work and went up to Chestnut Mountain at Galena. The day was clear and cold, perfect for skiing, and I had brand new skis, really hot expert level skis. I really shredded the hill, some of the best I've done in a long time, at least for a few hours. Then I took a nice fall on a black diamond slope, and slid for a couple of hundred feet on my back down the hill. That didn't really bother me, but when I went in afterwards to take a break, I slipped and fell hard on a patch of icy concrete in front of the skier service building. This still didn't stop me, I lasted a while longer, but it sure took some of the spring out of my step. I was totally sore the next day, I mean most of my body.
In the neverending saga of work, I lost one of my key people to a different department, now I have to train someone all over.
I don't know, I've already been approached for two other jobs just since spring, class one operators are sought after. Maybe I ought to look into some of the offers, but I really, really don't want to move to another city right now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home