DARYL' S DEN

Thursday, August 09, 2007

hot times

I can't believe how hot it's been the last week. I really hate hot weather, so this has been terrible.
I had a great time at the north american science fiction convention in St. Louis last week, in spite of the heat. There weren't as many people as I'd expected, probably because of gas prices, but there were several thousand, from all over the country and Canada, and a few from overseas. I saw a lot of old friends, and made a few new ones, stayed up really late, went to some good panels, spent more money than I should have on books, shirts, etc., and found myself dropping right back into SF fandom, where I'd left off years ago. I think I may start going back to a few conventions again (though not 6 or 7 a year like I did at one time.) I really needed this pick up,and it looks like things may get better at work, so it's been a good couple of weeks ( except my squash plants all died, I'd like to know why.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home