DARYL' S DEN

Tuesday, July 03, 2007

A nice walk

Things at work just seem to be one crisis after another, last weekend I just had to get away. I'm not sure why I thought of this, but saturday I hiked all the way around Argyle Lake state park on the trails. It took about three hours, with a stop for some summer sausage and a few water stops, it really wore me out, but it was worth it. It turns out that because the storms a couple of weeks ago knocked a lot of trees down over the road, the entire back half of the park was blocked to traffic. And because so few people actually hike these days, I didn't meet a single person on the trail the whole time. In fact, I had the whole back part of the park completely to myself.
I scared up a half dozen deer, small animals galore, a huge, beautiful owl, and I think a red fox.
I needed this bad, this week so far has been a series of problems at work. When will it let up!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home