DARYL' S DEN

Tuesday, January 16, 2007

I got my ski weekend

Winter really hit when it finally decided to show up. After warm temperatures and no skiing for week after week, this weekend we had an ice storm, and tonight it's supposed to go down to zero.
I did get to spend the weekend skiing at Chestnut Mountain. Friday I left early and beat the ice completely, tho apparently only by a few hours. Friday the snow was still thin and icy, but the temp dropped all day, they started making snow by noon, and the skiing got better. By saturday morning there was plenty of snow, all runs were open, and the snow was about as good as it ever gets around here. It was cold and windy all day though.
I left for home sunday expecting to run into ice, but it stayed above freezing here until sometime in the night, so I lucked out then too.
Now all the midwest areas should really be pumping the snow out, so maybe the season won't be a total loss.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home