DARYL' S DEN

Saturday, September 02, 2006

a trip to Crow CanyonArchaeological center

I lost this whole blog thanks to technorati, years of work, you scum.
Oh well.
After leaving Taos,I went to Crow Canyon Archaeological Center for a week of research. In case you haven't heard of them, they are one of the most important centers of research in the southwest. They have three missions, research, education, and native involvment, and they excell at all three.The program I do, adult research, brings people from all walks of life together for real research. This is not tourist stuff, as the many papers and books written by people affiliated with Crow Canyon attests to. Florence Lister calls Crow Canyon a new force in southwest archaeology.
They do great in their other missions, too, with many youth groups from all across the nation coming for fun and education, and a native advisory board consulted on everything. I think I will put up a link to them, check the link list.
I had more before I lost it all, but now I think I will come back later on the trip.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home